In 2015 he accomplished the Master's Degree in Music Performance at the Conservatory of Music in Maastricht (NL), following the renowned guitarist and pedagogue Carlo Marchione.
He was admitted in 2009, 2010, 2012 and 2016 to the prestigious Chigiana Academy of Music in Siena, in the guitar and chamber music class of the Maestro Oscar Ghiglia (former student of Andrés Segovia), where he was selected to play during the final recitals, and also obtained Merit Diplomas.
He has further enriched his musical artistic background through the participation in 2010 to the music festival "Le Altre Note" in Bormio, Italy, and to the annual guitar course at the Music School in Sesto Fiorentino (Florence, Italy), with Luigi Attademo, during years 2011 and 2012. He has also attended numerous guitar masterclasses and courses with prominent teachers and artists such as Leo Brouwer, Lorenzo Micheli, Fabio Zanon, Eliot Fisk, Judicaël Perroy , Enno Voorhorst, Frank Bungarten, Andrea Dieci, Letizia Guerra, and Alberto Mesirca.
Since 2003, he has won numerous competitive awards in Italy, including:
- First Prize and Merit Diploma in youth category at "SuoniNuovi" competition in 2003,
- Second Prize at "Glenn Gould" competition in 2005,
- Second Prize at "Carlo Mosso'' competition in 2008,
- First Prize at "Giulio Regondi" competition in 2009,
- Second Prize at "Riviera Etrusca" competition in 2010,
- First Prize in youth category at "Rospigliosi" competition in 2011,
- Second Prize in the same competition in Senior's category in 2013
As a performer, he is often invited for concerts as soloist, in chamber music formations and as a soloist with an orchestra.
Damiano Fineschi currently plays a guitar made by the luthier Luigi Locatto.